NYIT Office of the President
Sept. 21, 2016
President Guiliano has announced to the NYIT community that he will be closing out his service as president, and a Board-led, orderly transition and recruitment of a new president are underway.
Edward Guiliano, Ph.D., is the third president of NYIT, a global university with 12,000 students from all 50 U.S. states and 125 nations, in addition to more than 100,000 alumni. He quickly rose to become a full professor after joining NYIT in 1974 and, following his appointment to president in 2000, led NYIT’s transformation across the international landscape with campuses in Nanjing and Beijing (China), Abu Dhabi, Vancouver, and Jonesboro, Ark.
Technology, Entrepreneurship, Career-Oriented Programs, Applied Research, and Diversity are in the DNA of our global university.
During his tenure, President Guiliano has:
- Improved both the quality of NYIT’s academic programs and its reputation domestically and globally, as evidenced by its many accreditations and its steady improvement in rankings, including US News & World Report and Payscale’s ROI survey, among others.
- Directed a major NYIT rebranding that focuses on the university’s key differentiators, its brand DNA, and “one university” model that embraces its multiple campuses and schools.
- Transformed NYIT-Manhattan and NYIT-Old Westbury through numerous expansion projects that incorporate high-tech learning spaces, extensive campus renovations, and state-of-the-art athletics facilities.
- Steered the creation of the university’s first-ever community-driven comprehensive strategic plan—NYIT 2030—which outlines short- and long-term goals that serve as a blueprint for NYIT’s continued evolution, academic growth, and financial resiliency.
- Served as a thought leader to organizations around the world, speaking at major international conferences on higher education, sustainability, and other topics, in addition to writing articles and op-eds that have been published widely.