A Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine is a complete physician, fully trained and licensed to prescribe medication, perform surgery and utilize manipulative treatment. The osteopathic philosophy of treating the whole person is applied to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, disease and injury.
The College of Osteopathic Medicine Mission
The NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine is committed to training osteopathic physicians for a lifetime of learning and practice, based upon the integration of evidence-based knowledge, critical thinking, and the tenets of osteopathic principles and practice.We are also committed to preparing osteopathic physicians for careers in health care, including that in the inner city and rural communities, as well as to the scholarly pursuit of new knowledge concerning health and disease. We provide a continuum of educational experiences to its students, extending through the clinical and post-graduate years of training. This continuum provides the future osteopathic physician with the foundation necessary to maintain competence and compassion, as well as the ability to better serve society through research, teaching, and leadership.
The College of Osteopathic Medicine Advantage
- Cutting edge facilities, technology and research, global opportunities
- Innovative lecture-based discussions track
- Highly competitive problem-based curriculum – Doctor Patient Continuum
- Institute for Clinical Competence – Robotics Lab and patients simulation learning
- Long standing partnerships with pre-eminent clinical sites
- Outstanding and highly competitive residency placements
To learn more, contact us!
College of Osteopathic Medicine
Office of Admissions
PO Box 8000
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000
Old Westbury campus closings
Office of Financial Aid
For Enrollment/Graduation Verification Contact The Office Of The Registrar
Phone: 516 686-3932
Fax: 516 686-3891