This exam converter allows you to use a test in Microsoft Word, and with minimal re-formatting, converts it into a file that you can upload into Blackboard to create a set of questions for use in exams and quizzes.
1. Format your exam questions in a Word File (.doc) first.
See Sample Exam with Instructions and Sample Exam (word). Make sure to add the question type, in front of the question text. (Ex: MC^ Question text...). Do not put the question number in front of the question text.
MC^ - Multiple Choice
MA^ - Multiple Answer
ESS^ - Essay
TF^ - True / False
MAT^ - Matching Question
Put an *asterisk directly in front of any correct answers. Please see this document for more intructions on how to format your Word document.
2. Paste the test (copied from the Word) into the field below
3. When ready, click the convert button.
If you're prompted to save a text file, please do so. Some browsers may automatically download this file to your computer with the .txt extension. See Sample .txt file.
4. Login to Blackboard and create a test in your course. Then upload the converted file.
- Go to your course in Blackboard/Control Panel/Course Tools/Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
- Click Test/Build Test. Give it a name, include Description and Instructions.
- Click b then browse for the .txt file you saved earlier and upload the questions.
- If you are experiencing any errors when uploading your questions, please go back to step One and review this document for more intructions on how to format your Word document.
Thanks to the Web Systems group in Information Technology and Infrastructure for creating this script!