Graduate Students: Applying to NYIT
Thanks for your interest in NYIT! Regardless of what program you enter, transferring to NYIT to continue your education will have a transformative effect on your career.
We offer a generous transfer credit acceptance policy, and upon admission, our transfer evaluations department will review your transcripts and prepare a personalized, course-by-course evaluation of credits applicable to your major. That’s why 35 percent of our students are transfer students.
We review applications for admission and automatic scholarship decision on a rolling basis, as long as space is available.
Each graduate program has additional admission requirements.More
College of Arts and Sciences
- Arts & Entertainment Leadership, Advanced Certificate
- Communication Arts, M.A.
- Computer Graphics - Animation, M.F.A.
- Computer Graphics - Fine Arts & Technology, M.F.A.
- Computer Graphics - Graphic Design, M.F.A.
- Leadership in the Arts and Entertainment Industries, M.A.
School of Architecture and Design
School of Interdisciplinary Studies & Education
- Adolescence Education, M.S.
- Childhood Education, M.S.
- Early Childhood Education, M.S.
- Emerging Technologies for Trainers, Advanced Certificate
- Instructional Design for Global E-Learning, Advanced Certificate
- Instructional Technology, Educators, M.S.
- Instructional Technology, Trainers, M.S.
- School Counseling, M.S.
- School Leadership and Technology, Advanced Certificate
- STEM Education, Advanced Certificate
- Teaching 21st Century Skills, Advanced Certificate
- Virtual Education, Advanced Certificate
School of Engineering and Computing Sciences
- Computer Science, M.S.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering, M.S.
- Energy Management, M.S.
- Energy Technology, Advanced Certificate
- Environmental Technology & Sustainability, M.S.
- Environmental Management, Advanced Certificate
- Facilities Management, Advanced Certificate
- Information, Network, and Computer Security, M.S.
- Infrastructure Security Management, Advanced Certificate
School of Health Professions
- Clinical Nutrition, M.S.
- Occupational Therapy, M.S.
- Physician Assistant Studies, M.S.
- Physical Therapy, D.P. T.
School of Management
Regular Admission: Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available. The following specific programs have separate deadlines:
- Computer Graphics - Animation M.F.A.: Rolling admissions for spring; June 1 for fall
- Computer Graphics - Fine Arts & Technology, M.F.A.: Rolling admissions for spring; June 1 for fall
- Computer Graphics - Graphic Design, M.F.A.: Rolling admissions for spring; June 1 for fall
- Computer Science, M.S.: Nov. 1 for spring; June 1 for fall (international students); Dec. 1 for spring; July 1 for fall (U.S. students)
- Electrical & Computer Engineering, M.S.: Nov. 1 for spring; June 1 for fall (international students); Dec. 1 for spring; July 1 for fall (U.S. students)
- Energy Management, M.S.: Nov. 1 for spring semester; June 1 for fall semester
- Information, Network & Computer Security, M.S.: Nov. 1 for spring; June 1 for fall (international students); Dec. 1 for spring; July 1 for fall (U.S. students)
- Occupational Therapy, M.S.: Oct. 31 (summer start)
- Physical Therapy, D.P.T.: Aug. 15-Sept. 1 (Early Decision) or Oct. 17 (regular decision) (summer start)
- Physician Assistant Studies, M.S.: Oct. 1 (fall start)
- Urban & Regional Design, M.S.: March 1 (fall start)
How to Apply
Step 1: Complete an ApplicationMore
Complete the NYIT Online Application for all graduate programs. There is a $50 nonrefundable application fee as part of your application submission. There is a different application for the following programs:
- Physician Assistant Studies: Apply to the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA)
- Occupational Therapy: Apply to the Occupational Therapist Centralized Application Service (OTCAS)
- Physical Therapy: Apply directly to the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS)
Step 2: Submit Required Application MaterialsMore
Submit required application materials to the Office of Admissions via mail, fax, or email to complete your application.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- Official GRE or GMAT scores, if applicable to program requirements.
NYIT GRE Code: 2561
NYIT GMAT Codes
Full time (9 or more credits): OQN-RL-35
Part-time (less than 9 credits): OQN-RL-74
Send your application materials to:
Office of Admissions
New York Institute of Technology
Old Westbury, NY 11568
Check Your Application StatusMore
Throughout the admission process, you can check on the status of your application. We will communicate with you through the Application Portal and via email regarding missing documents required for your application. If you did not apply through NYIT’s Online Application, please register for an account to check to your status. If your status says “incomplete,” then we are not able to review your application for admission until all required documents are received. If you recently submitted these items, please allow 2-4 weeks for us to process these materials.