New York State Public Health Laws §2165 and §2167 requires all students enrolled for at least six (6) semester hours or equivalent per semester, or at least four (4) semester hours per quarter to provide written proof of immunization against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella, and a Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response.
The Office of Wellness Services oversees immunization compliance and maintains all of the school’s immunization records. Students must submit a completed copy of NYIT's Student Immunization Form to the Office of Wellness Services. We can provide assistance with and information about the student accident and health insurance plans and serve as a liaison with NYIT’s New York College of Osteopathic Medicine’s health centers and community health services in order to complete this. Students will not be permitted to register for classes or attend classes without such written proof and until the Office of Wellness Services has cleared them.
You may provide any health records, which demonstrate proof of immunity from:
- Prior Schools (High School or College)
- Local Health Department
There are a few exemptions:
- High school students taking college credits at NYIT
- Students enrolled in an online program
- Students enrolled in an extended education course
A student may go to the Department of Health in the county they reside, or the county where the college resides to be immunized. In Manhattan, Brooklyn or Queens, please check the New York City Immunization Walk-In Clinic Website.
Important Forms and Information
- Student Immunization Information
- Student Immunization Form
- Student Tuberculosis Testing Form
- Meningitis Vaccination Information Sheet
- MMR Vaccination Information Sheet
- Immunization Transcript Request Form
For more information, email the Office of Wellness Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Old Westbury campus
Student Activities Center, 3rd Floor
26 W. 61st St., room M05