Engineering & Computing Sciences Pre-College Program
Explore an exciting, challenging career in technology, engineering, or computer science, while earning two college credits. In this program, you will run a number of guided, hands-on laboratory experiments in electronic music, coding, gaming, hacking, robotics, 3-D printing, CAD, prototyping, materials science, and nanotechnology.
You’ll also benefit from:
- Field trips to technology leaders in the heart of New York City.
- Guest speakers sharing their stories of the technology/engineering workplace.
- NYIT faculty and staff in Admissions and Career Services advise students on getting into college, life as a student, and career planning.
2017 Program Information
- Session 1: Monday–Friday, July 10–21, Manhattan Campus
- Session 2: Monday–Friday, July 24–August 4, Old Westbury Campus
- Time: 10 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Check back mid-December for additional program information.
- Ages 15 and older.
- No prerequisites are necessary.
- International students welcome.
- Proof of Immunizations at time of application submission.
- Two college credits
- Field trips, workshops, guest speakers
2016 Program Information
- Session 1: Monday–Friday, July 11–21, Manhattan Campus
Session 1 Program Schedule
- Session 2: Monday–Friday, July 25–August 5, Old Westbury Campus
Session 2 Program Schedule
- Time:10 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.