NYIT’s Office of International Education (OIE) looks forward to assisting you upon your arrival at NYIT. We offer programs, services, and events designed to meet the needs of all of our international students and alumni. Here are some links to some useful information and tips:
- Check-In for International Students
- Student Ambassadors
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Visa and Immigration Questions
- International Student Association
- International Student Handbook
Updates for International Students in the U.S.
Visa Waiver Program
Thirty-six countries participate in the United States Visa Waiver Program (VWP), allowing citizens of those countries to travel to the U.S. for business or tourism for up to 90 days without a visa. Those participating in the VWP must:
- travel only for business, pleasure, or transit
- stay in the U.S. for 90 days or less
- if arriving by sea or by air, hold a valid ticket for return or onward travel
Family members from participating countries can visit their students in the United States for up to a 90-day period without having to apply for a visitor visa.
Please click this link for more information on the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program.
F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) and the H1b Cap Gap Extension
The Department of Homeland Security has changed several key aspects of F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) and the H1b Cap Gap Extension and periods of unemployment. You can access updated news and information via the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) website.