Are You An International Student?
You are considered an international student if you:
- Intend to study at NYIT's campuses in New York, and
- Need a student visa to study in the United States
International students can apply to undergraduate and graduate programs. If you wish to attend a campus outside of New York, then please learn more about NYIT's global campuses.
- The Common Application (Spring 2014 and fall 2014 undergraduate only)
- NYIT Online Application (spring 2014, fall 2014)
- NYIT Paper Application (Fall 2014 graduate Only)
It's important to you submit all of your documents to the Office of Admissions in sufficient time for us to process all the paperwork and send your I-20 form to you. Use the following dates as a guideline. (You can submit documents earlier, but remember that all bank statements must be current within six months of the date of submission.)
- Fall semester: July 1
- Spring semester: Dec.1 of the year prior to your starting date
International students must meet the same academic requirements for admissions to undergraduate, transfer, or graduate programs as students from the United States. They must also take the TOEFL and obtain an I-20 visa in order to study at NYIT. See more about academic requirements.
International student need to submit specific documents in ordered to be admitted and receive an I-20. Please click for all necessary documents.
Address: Please address all application materials to:
Office of Admissions
New York Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 8000
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000
For a paper application or more information:
- Complete an online admissions inquiry form
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call 800.345.NYIT (6948)
- Download and print an undergraduate paper application or a graduate paper application. NOTE: To view and print the paper application, you need a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded at the Adobe Web Site.