International Students: Apply to NYIT

international student

You are considered an international student if you:

  1. Intend to study at NYIT's campuses in New York, and
  2. Need a student visa to study in the United States

International students can apply to undergraduate and graduate programs. If you wish to attend a campus outside of New York, then please learn more about NYIT's global campuses.  

Apply Now


International students must meet the same academic requirements for admissions to first-year, transfer, or graduate programs as students in the United States. You must also take the TOEFL or IELTS and obtain an I-20 visa in order to study at NYIT. You will be waived from TOEFL/IELTS requirement if you have graduated with a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited United States institution.

International students must also submit specific documents in order to be admitted and receive an I-20. Please click for all necessary documents.

Address: Please address all application materials to:

Office of Admissions
New York Institute of Technology
Northern Blvd.
P.O. Box 8000
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000

Or, fax the documents to 516.686.1116.


It's important to you submit all of your documents to the Office of Admissions in sufficient time for us to process all the paperwork and send your I-20 form to you. Use the following dates as a guideline. (You can submit documents earlier, but remember that all bank statements must be current within six months of the date of submission.)

  • Fall semester: July 1 (June 1 for the School of Engineering and Computing Sciences graduate programs)
  • Spring semester: December 1 of the year prior to your starting date (November 1 for the School of Engineering and Computing Sciences graduate programs)

For more information:

To become a nonmatriculated student:
You may take a limited number of credit-bearing undergraduate or graduate courses without being matriculated in a degree, diploma, or certificate program. Undergraduate students may not take more than 24 credits and graduate students may not take more than nine credits without matriculating.

To apply, contact the Office of Admissions and complete a Nonmatriculated Application, which must then be approved by the Office of Admissions and the department(s) in which you are registering for courses. 

Facebook Youtube
Facebook Youtube
Nicole Soman
Nicole Soman Campus: Old Westbury
Major: Engineering Management, B.S.
Class Of: 2016