Become an NYIT Alumni Abassador
There are many rewarding opportunities for you to volunteer with the Office of Admissions. Your personal experiences and memories at NYIT are the best way to connect with new students going through the admissions process. We want to connect you with the most important part about NYIT – our students!
We invite you to participate in our many events throughout the year, including Open House, Preview Day, college fairs, and other special events for our first-year, transfer, graduate, and veteran students. There are also opportunities for you to email students about your experience at NYIT, connect with them over the phone, and give them advice about their education and careers. We encourage you to read through our different options and let us know your interest and availability. You can get involved with one or as many different opportunities as you like.
Please email email@example.com with your name, phone number, email address, and which activities you would like to participate in. The Office of Admissions will be in touch with you to coordinate.
NYIT alumni are invited to represent the university at the alumni relations table during our largest admissions events offered in the fall and spring, as well as a potential Q&A session with alumni. Students will visit with representatives from alumni relations, clubs, career services, and other student services offered at NYIT. We hope to engage alumni from different majors, so students will be able to connect with you.
Preview Day: Save the Dates!
Old Westbury Campus: Sunday, April 6, at 10 a.m.
Manhattan Campus: Saturday, April 13, at 10 a.m.
Connect with first-year and transfer applicants, admitted students, and their families during our spring event to get students excited about NYIT and show them all that NYIT has to offer. If you are interested in participating in Preview Day, please let us know by Monday, March 3.
Manhattan Campus: Saturday, Oct. 26, at 10 a.m.
Old Westbury Campus: Sunday, Nov. 3, at 10 a.m.
Connect with prospective students as they learn about academic programs and opportunities, tour campuses, and get information about admissions and financial aid.
- From New Student Orientation to Enrollment Days, we host a number of special events throughout the year targeting first-year, transfer, graduate, and veteran students.
Share Your NYIT Experiences
- Write an email to admitted students: Complete a questionnaire about your college experience, and we’ll work with you to create an email sharing your experience and advice for new students.
- Speak to admitted students on the phone: We’ll provide you with talking points, guidelines, questions, and a list of students to contact during a specific time frame. Then, we’ll leave it up to you to connect with students on a personal level. Students love this kind of interaction!
- Testimonials: Complete a questionnaire about your college experience, and we’ll use some of your responses as testimonials when engaging with students.
Meet us on the road:
- Throughout the year, NYIT admissions counselors visit high schools, colleges, and college fairs around the country. You’re invited to join us at a fair in your town, and talk to students about how NYIT has prepared you for your career. View our recruitment schedule at nyit.edu/admissions/travel, and let us know which events you would like to attend.