NYIT Auditorium on Broadway is centrally located at 1871 Broadway, between West 61st and 62nd Streets, just north of Columbus Circle. It's within walking distance of Lincoln Center and Central Park, and easily accessible via subway and bus. When attending events at the Auditorium on Broadway, public transportation and taxis are recommended due to the lack of parking and difficulty of driving in Manhattan.
If on-street parking is unavailable, at least three nearby parking garages offer NYIT discounted rates. Parking vouchers must be validated at a security desk in one of the Manhattan campus buildings to receive the discounted rate.
- Prior Parking, 40 W. 61st St., between Broadway and Columbus Avenue, 212.245.9594
- Enterprise Parking Systems, 1 Central Park West, at 61st Street, 212.299.1094
- Central Parking Systems, 1886-96 Broadway, between 61st and 62nd Streets, 800.836.6666
By Subway or Train
The Eighth Avenue (A and C trains), the Sixth Avenue (B and D trains), and Broadway (1 train) lines stop throughout the day at Columbus Circle, a half-block south of the Manhattan campus. They stop at Pennsylvania Station for those traveling into Manhattan via the Long Island Rail Road, Amtrak, or New Jersey Transit. For those arriving at Grand Central Station via Metro North Railroad, take the No. 7 or the S train (Grand Central-Times Square shuttle) to Times Square-42nd Street and transfer to an A,B,C,D, or 1 uptown train. Visit the New York City Transit Web site for detailed maps, fares, and other information.
The 57th Street and 66th Street crosstown buses stop at Broadway. The Manhattan campus entrance is three blocks north of 57th Street and five blocks south of 66th Street. The Broadway bus stops at the corner of Broadway and 60th Street. Visit the New York City Transit Web site for detailed maps, fares, and other information.
From Local Airports
- From JFK International Airport (JFK), take the Van Wyck Expressway (I-678) north to the Long Island Expressway (I-495) west. Take the Long Island Expressway to the Queens Midtown Tunnel into Manhattan and follow signs uptown.
- For maps, directions, and information about public transportation, including the AirTrain, visit the JFK airport Web site. Students traveling from abroad should be advised of specific information that pertains to them.
- From LaGuardia Airport (LGA), take the Grand Central Parkway west to the RFK Bridge into Manhattan. Take FDR Drive south to the 59th Street exit and travel west on 59th Street. For detailed maps, directions, and information about public transportation, visit the LaGuardia Airport Web site.
- From Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), take Route I-78 east toward the New Jersey Turnpike. Take I-95 North exit toward Exits 15E-18E/Lincoln Tunnel. Take Exit 16 onto Route 495 eastbound through the Lincoln Tunnel. Follow signs uptown. For detailed maps, directions, and information about public transportation, including the AirTrain, visit the Newark Liberty airport Web site.