Search Ask NYIT:
Search within Registrar
What grades must I maintain as a graduate student to graduate?

Graduate students must have a cumulative graduate point average of 3.0 or better to graduate.  Accordingly, those whose graduate academic record falls below 3.0 will be placed on academic probation and must raise their cumulative graduate point average to 3.0 within one semester to return to good academic standing. Students whose graduate academic record includes two or more C’s not balanced by A’s, or includes any failures in coursework, may be dropped from the program. Students who have earned a C or F in a course may retake the course to earn a higher grade. Only the higher grade will be used in computing the GPA; however, the original C or F will remain on the record as a matter of information. The only courses that may be repeated for credit are those which result in grades of C, IC, F, IF, W, or WF.

If you have questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 516.686.7580 or e-mail