The Certificate Program is made up of internships officially recognized and supported by Career Services.
Reasons to sign up for the Internship Certificate Program
- Get help securing a hands-on college supervised internship.
- You do not meet the requirements for your academic department’s internship program, but desire hands-on experience.
- You are in a credit bearing internship course offered through your school, and want the professional enrichment offered through this certificate program.
- Receive two employer evaluations of your work during the internship semester.
- Receive one-on-one career guidance from career services professionals.
- Receive a certificate of completion for your professional portfolio.
- Reflect on your learning with other students from various majors also completing internships – network with them to leverage future opportunities!
- The employer requires the internship to be "officially recognized" by NYIT, and you don’t need internship credits.
Still not convinced? Read through our FAQs.
Program Eligibility Criteria
- Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Must have completed one full academic semester at NYIT
- If on an F-1 Visa, must have completed two full-time consecutive semesters and be enrolled in a credit-bearing internship course to participate
- If also enrolled in an internship course, must adhere to program criteria and course requirements as outlined by your academic department
- Attend Orientation Session I
- Report your hire on Career Net
- Attend Orientation Session II
- Complete a learning agreement and an ethical conduct agreement
- Complete a program evaluation
- Attend a reflection session
See our events page for Orientation dates
Questions? Contact us today!
Old Westbury campus