UNDERGRADUATE PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS FINE ARTS DEPARTMENT, NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Portfolios should include assignment-based projects and/or self-directed work that demonstrate art, design and conceptual thinking skills. The artwork should be original and cannot be reproductions of already existing artwork or designs.
Online Portfolio Submission
Before you submit your portfolio, you must first apply to NYIT. Upon acceptance of your application, you will receive an NYIT ID Number from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. You can then upload your portfolio. For more information, contact email@example.com or call 800.345.NYIT (6948).
- 9 to 12 original artworks including but not limited to painting, printmaking, mixed media, sculpture, animation, storyboards, character design, mixed media, collage, and drawing (self-portraits, figure drawings, object studies, still life and landscapes). No more than 5 digital artwork and computer-generated images may be included.
- A description sheet that includes the following information for each submitted artwork: title, medium, dimensions, date of creation, running time (if applicable).
- All artwork must be submitted in PDF file format.
- Description sheet must be submitted in PDF file format.
- Animation/Video work (max. 3 minutes) may be included as a link to an uploaded file on YouTube, Vimeo, or a personal website. Please include the URL in your description sheet.
- Bring an unofficial transcript of your previous coursework so a preliminary evaluation can be done during your interview. The Admissions Department will mail a final transfer credit evaluation after full acceptance.
Appointments for Portfolio Review
Alternatively, an in-person portfolio may be presented. Candidates can bring original artwork and/or printed copies. Students are also encouraged to bring their sketchbook(s). Portfolios submitted in person will remain in possession of candidates. Please contact the Fine Arts Department about making an appointment.
Before you set up your portfolio review, you must first apply to NYIT. Upon acceptance of your application, you will receive an NYIT ID Number from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.345.NYIT (6948).
The portfolio review takes place during the course of a personal interview. All applicants should call to arrange for an appointment.
- Old Westbury applicants: 516.686.7542 or email@example.com
- Manhattan applicants: 212.261.1796 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Deadlines for portfolio submissions are:
- August 15 (fall semester)
- December 15 (spring semester)