If you’re looking for a career in health care that combines hands-on practice with high-tech learning, NYIT is the place to start your journey.
We don’t just prepare you for jobs; we prepare you for rewarding careers in fast-growing health professions, including:
- Clinical Nutrition
- Health Sciences/Health and Wellness
- Occupational Therapy
- Physician Assistant Studies
- Physical Therapy
The U.S. Department of Labor predicts a 10.8 percent increase in health care sector jobs through 2022.
NYIT’s commitment to evidence-based health care means you’ll be equipped to care for patients from diverse cultures using research to support diagnosis and treatment. Our faculty members share decades of experience and professional networking resources.
We also offer combined B.S./M.S. programs in occupational therapy and physician assistant studies as well as a B.S./D.P.T. in physical therapy. These early assurance programs allow highly qualified students who meet the criteria a guaranteed spot in our health professions programs.
Our professional development opportunities feature:
- clinical work at leading local and national health care facilities;
- small classes with personalized faculty support and mentorship;
- sophisticated labs with high-fidelity simulation manikins;
- technology and instrumentation that practitioners use every day;
- attendance at major industry conferences where you’ll present your own research;
- access to faculty and resources of the NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine ;
- study opportunities with other degree programs to understand how an integrated health care team operates; and
- delivering health care around the world through NYIT Center for Global Health
The need for knowledgeable, committed health care practitioners continues to grow. The U.S. Department of Labor predicts a 10.8 percent increase in health care sector jobs through 2022. Learn more about our degree programs and how we can help fulfill your professional goals. If you have questions, feel free to contact us.
Sheldon D. Fields, Ph.D., RN, FAAN
School of Health Professions, Dean
Contact the Dean's Office
Tara Piechowiak, Executive Assistant