March 4, 2014
Venue: Old Westbury campus: Salten Hall, room 3
Contact: Career Services - 212.261.1537 MA and 516.686.7527 OW
Campus(es): Old Westbury - Old Westbury
|1800flowers.com is looking for students interested in a paid 10 week long summer internship at their Carle Place, Long Island office. These internships offer the chance to join one of Long Island’s premier companies and apply your education experience in practical settings.
As a 1800flowers.com intern, you will experience several of these exciting opportunities:
• The chance to apply your academic learning’s in a real world environment
• Involvement in key projects in various departments including marketing, merchandising, product development, IT, human resources, corporate development, international and finance.
• Lunch and learns which give an understanding of the company as a whole as well as its different branches.
• Access to stay involved with the 1800flowers.com team and Senior Managers through our social media outlets.
• Opportunities to network with other interns around the organization for future career advancement
• Engage in internship project with fellow interns to gain experience presenting to Senior Management, and for the opportunity to win fabulous prizes.
Students at 1800flowers.com should have a strong ability to problem solve, multitask, work independently and collaborate with others. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and Google platforms (Drive, Gmail, Calendars) and will be interested in helping our company grow. A willingness to work on projects and positive attitude is a must!
We are looking to hire:
10-15 IT interns
2-3 Corporate Finance interns
20-23 Merchandising, Sales, Marketing, HR interns
They have a comprehensive internship program: students work 15 hours on intra-intern projects, their own individual project, they present to senior management, participate in lunch and learns, and complete a community service project with staff. The other 25 hours are spent doing projects directly with their manager. All internships are paid.
Students should apply now!
Log into Career Net and upload a resume. An NYIT career advisor will email you feedback within two business days. Students with approved resumes in Career Net can apply right through the Career Net system.
View the IT,Marketingand HR Internships available.