Make connections, get hands-on experience, and build important skill sets. Internships not only give you a competitive edge in your future career, they also provide a unique opportunity for personal as well as professional growth.
Internships are available for both undergraduate and graduate students and may be taken for credit or no-credit.
- Letter from the employer describing the position and the name of the direct supervisor.
- Permission from the department chair of the major area of study in order to register for the internship course. An advisor will be assigned once you are registered.
- Commitment to a minimum 150 hours of field experience (preferably over a 14-week period).
- Development with faculty advisor of learning objectives, with periodic follow-up meetings with advisor (minimum of three times per semester).
- Maintenance of a weekly activity log, forwarded regularly to advisor, and a final paper/report (five-page minimum) discussing the work experience and including a two-page reflection on the impact of the work experience on the proposed learning goals.
- Completion of ICP (Internship Certificate Program) orientation and registration with Career Services.
Undergraduate Internship Courses (3 credits)
ACCTE 390 & ACCTE 495
Accounting Internship I & II
FINCE 390 & FINCE 495
Finance Internship I & II
MGMTE 390 & MGMTE 495
Management Internship I & II
MRKTE 390 & MRKTE 495
Marketing Internship I & II
SBES 390 & SBES 495
Small Bus. & Entrepr. Internship I & II
- Junior standing
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
Undergraduate Internship Courses (Non-credit)
- Sophomore or higher standing
- At least one semester completed at NYIT with a minimum GPA of 2.0*
Graduate Internship Courses (3 credits)
INTN 620 & INTN 625
Internship I & II
- At least one semester completed at NYIT*
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
* Students studying on F-1 Visas must complete 2 full-time consecutive semesters before they are eligible for internships (CPT).