The College of Osteopathic Medicine Medical Library serves as a resource for academic and research endeavors specific to the health sciences.
Located in the Rockefeller Building at the Old Westbury campus, the library's mission is to support the educational, research and teaching needs of students, faculty and staff.
Some of the library's services include:
- Extended hours, open until midnight every evening- more than 100 hours per week
- A collection of over 10,000 critically reviewed medical and allied health books
- More than 415 current journal subscriptions
- Multimedia collection of videos, CDs and software
- Remote and on-campus access to an online catalog of all holdings - access at: http://nyit.sirsi.net
- Online and onsite access to a multitude of evaluated web-based resources
- Professional reference staff assistance for inquiries and assistance in finding, using and evaluating resources
- Electronic database instruction seminars on using electronic resources more effectively are offered regularly
- Interlibrary loans - many resources unavailable at NYIT can be borrowed from other institutions (allow seven business days)
- Laptops available for checkout
- Study carrels wired for electric connections for laptops
The Library regularly adds new and exciting databases as they become available.
Please visit the library website for additional information and access to online databases.
Monday - Friday 8 a.m.-midnight
Saturday - 9 a.m- midnight
Sunday - 1 p.m. - midnight
Holiday schedule changes will be posted on the Medical Library website as they occur.
Jeanne Strausman, Chief Medical Librarian - email@example.com
Adrienne Lippmann, Evening Librarian - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mahnaz Tehrani, Interlibrary Loan Librarian - email@example.com
Myra Ingram, Circulation Library Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tisha Helton, Periodicals Library Associate - email@example.com
Mitin Verma, Evening Circulation Associate - firstname.lastname@example.org