Find out how New York City ticks in this exclusive one-week session offered by NYIT's School of Interdisciplinary Studies and Education. With experts as your tour guides, you will explore the city, learn how it works, and network with the people who keep it running. This program is perfect for undergraduate and high school students interested in careers related to urban planning and development, government, architecture and design, and more.
Program highlights include the following:
- One week only: July 17–21, 2017.
- Explore all of New York City—from waterfronts, mass transit, and city parks to iconic landmarks, reconstructed tenements, and the latest green buildings.
- Be guided by NYIT faculty members who are experts in their fields, including architecture, behavioral science, engineering, politics, social policy, business, career services, communication arts, and more.
- Get a taste of New York—have lunch in Chinatown and dinner at Katz’s Deli.
- Find volunteer opportunities with community organizations.
- Take advantage of all that NYIT has to offer, including its dynamic urban campus at Columbus Circle in the heart of New York City.
- Develop your social media skills as you share your experiences across a variety of social media platforms.
- Network with administrators of city agencies and nonprofit and discover what it takes to run organizations in a complex city like New York.
The one-week City Hike course can be taken only once during the summer session. It’s a terrific “add-on” if you are taking other courses and want to travel in and learn about New York City.
- July 17 - 21
All courses meet Monday through Friday at our Manhattan campus.
- Tuition: $750
- Campus Life Immersion package: $1,250* (tuition not included).
* If you are taking other courses at NYIT Academy, we offer a 5% discount on our campus life immersion package for two weeks, 10% for three weeks, 15% for four weeks, 20% for five weeks, and 25% for six weeks.
About Campus Life Immersion
Are you from out-of-town or looking for a more complete New York City campus life experience? Our Campus Life Immersion package includes:
- Housing and meals for seven days—from the Saturday before your program begins to the Saturday after its conclusion.
- Cultural and social experiences.
- College preparation programming.
- Airport transfers and daily transportation.
- Interdisciplinary volunteer and community-service opportunities every Friday.
Registration for this program is on a rolling basis. Once the program has reached capacity, you will be put on a waiting list.
- July 1: General registration deadline.
- July 1: All payment and forms are due.