Exploring Architecture in Manhattan
Experience architecture and design in the heart of one of the world’s most famous urban environments: New York City. Earn three college credits in our four-week Exploring Architecture program, while learning about design practice, theory, and history in our studios overlooking Central Park and Columbus Circle.
Join students from around the world and participate in:
- Walking tours of historic and trendy NYC neighborhoods.
- Visits to leading design and architecture firms.
- Exhibition and museum visits.
- Lectures by expert NYIT faculty.
- Reading seminars.
- Hands-on studio sessions in architectural drawing, modeling, and presentation.
- Portfolio-making instruction.
- Career discovery workshops.
This program is offered in a single four-week session:
- July 10 - August 3
Courses are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, and a design studio on Tuesdays, all on our Manhattan campus.
Costs (four-week session)
- Tuition: $2,550
- Campus Life Immersion package: $4,250 (tuition not included)
About Campus Life Immersion
Are you from out-of-town or looking for a more complete New York City campus life experience? Our Campus Life Immersion package includes:
- Housing and meals for seven days—from the Saturday before your program begins to the Saturday after its conclusion.
- Cultural and social experiences.
- College preparation programming.
- Airport transfers and daily transportation.
- Interdisciplinary volunteer and community-service opportunities every Friday.
Registration for the program is on a rolling basis. Once the program has reached capacity, you will be put on a waiting list.
- July 1: General registration deadline.
- July 1: All payment and forms are due.