Graphic Design & 3-D Animation/Game Design
Take your digital art portfolio to the next level in this intensive, creative workshop. Guided by our distinguished faculty members, you’ll get hands-on experience with the latest technologies in state-of-the-art facilities. Gain insights into art, design, and technology while exploring techniques of visual communication and producing portfolio-ready artwork.
We offer three one-week programs. Take one, two, or all three courses, and earn one academic credit per week upon acceptance into one of our digital art and design programs!
Week 1: Brand Yourself!Register today: 3 available spots!
Graphic design, 3-D printing, photography, illustration, and typography.
- Conceptualize and use visual language to communicate ideas clearly and effectively.
- Merge traditional and digital tools to create powerful design solutions utilizing 3-D printing, die-cutting, photography, illustration, and typography.
- Design a logo and overall identity for a potential client or for yourself after visiting a professional design studio in New York City.
Week 2: Create Motion! (Basic)
3-D modeling and animation, game design, and motion capture. Collaborate in production teams to explore the complex workflow and dynamic interactivity of 3-dimensional games.
- Capture live motion through the use of our 3-D motion capture studio and incorporate the demonstration model into your games.
- Learn how to animate and edit those movements using Autodesk Maya.
- Create characters and objects, and animate them for a basic 3-D game.
Week 3: Create Motion! (Advanced)
3-D modeling and animation, game design, and motion capture. Advance your skills developed in CREATE MOTION! Week 1… taking it to the next level with a full 3-D, first-person shooting game:
- Art-direct your own live motion through the use of our 3-D motion capture studio.
- Animate and edit those movements using Autodesk Maya.
- Incorporate animated elements into a full 3-D first-person shooter game environment using Unreal.
You may take one, two, or all three weeks of this program. You must complete Week 2: Create Motion! (Basic) as a prerequisite for Week 3: Create Motion! (Advanced). If you have taken the Create Motion! workshop during a previous session, you may sign-up for Create Motion! (Advanced) this summer.
- Week 1: Brand Yourself!: July 10 - 14
- Week 2: Create Motion! (Basic): July 17 - 21
- Week 3: Create Motion! (Advanced): July 24 - 28
All courses meet Monday through Friday at our Manhattan campus.
- One week: $750
- Two weeks: $1,425
- Three weeks: $2,025
Campus Life Immersion
- One week: $1,250
- Two weeks: $2,375
- Three weeks: $3,375
About Campus Life Immersion Are you from out-of-town or looking for a more complete New York City campus life experience? Our Campus Life Immersion package includes:*
- Housing and meals for seven days—from the Saturday before your program begins to the Saturday after its conclusion.
- Cultural and social experiences.
- College preparation programming.
- Airport transfers and daily transportation.
- Interdisciplinary volunteer and community-service opportunities every Friday.
*Tuition is separate and not included.
Registration for the program is on a rolling basis. Once the program has reached capacity, you will be put on a waiting list.
- July 1: General registration deadline.
- July 1: All payment and forms are due.