Makers & Fabricators
Learn how to take an idea from paper to parts to assembly. This program focuses on hands-on design, prototyping, and fabrication techniques, incorporating team-based and individual design-and-build exercises. Skills covered include:
- Measurement and setup techniques.
- Fixturing and workholding
- Band saw use
- Drill press work
- Belt sanding
- Vertical milling
- GMAW welding
- 3-D printing
- Laser cutting/engraving
- CAD design
Explore the exciting world of making and fabricating with metal, plastic, acrylic, wood and other materials in a safe environment while growing your skill set.
This program is offered in a single two-week session:
- August 7 – 18
All courses run Monday through Friday on our Old Westbury campus.
Costs (two-week session)
- Tuition: $1,500
- Lab Fee: $450
- Campus Life Immersion package: $2,375 (tuition not included)
About Campus Life Immersion
Are you from out-of-town or looking for a more complete New York City campus life experience? Our Campus Life Immersion package includes:
- Housing and meals for seven days—from the Saturday before your program begins to the Saturday after its conclusion.*
- Cultural and social experiences.
- University preparation programming.
- Airport transfers and daily transportation.
- Interdisciplinary volunteer and community service opportunities every Friday.
*All housing will be on our Manhattan campus. Daily transportation will be provided to our Old Westbury campus during the second session.
Registration for the program is on a rolling basis. Once the program has reached capacity, you will be put on a waiting list.
- July 1: General registration deadline.
- July 1: All payment and forms are due.