New York English Language Experience
Are you an international high school or university student looking to improve your English language skills? The New York English Language Experience program offers immersive summer and winter academy programs that combine intensive coursework with opportunities to experience New York City, its culture, commerce, food, and people. Join students from around the globe for this intensive, experiential program.
The program is offered in three week sessions. Each week has its own special theme. Courses may be taken by the week or in a full three-week session.
- Week 1: July 10 - 14
- Week 2: July 17 - 21
- Week 3: July 24 - 28
- Week 1: July 31 - August 4
- Week 2: August 7 - 11
- Week 3: August 14 - 18
Levels of Study
Courses are offered at intermediate (Level 1) and advanced (Level 2) levels. Placement is determined by an examination given prior to the first day of each session. If you are taking courses for only one or two weeks, you will take a placement examination on the Sunday before the first day of your first week.
Classes meet Monday–Thursday for 18 hours per week on our Manhattan campus, with an optional Friday seminar session.
- 10 – 10:30 a.m.: Language lab
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Mixed skills
- 12:30 – 1: 30 p.m.: Lunch
- 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.: Experiential learning
- Evening: Social/cultural events
- Ages 15 and older.
- $500 non-refundable program fee.
- Copy of passport (valid for at least six months after the program ends).
- 250-word biographical statement in English, telling us about yourself, your interests, and what you do in your spare time.
- One week: $750
- Two weeks: $1,425
- Three weeks: $2,025
- Four weeks: $2,550
- Five weeks: $3,000
- Six weeks: $3,375
Campus Life Immersion
- One week: $1,250
- Two weeks: $2,375
- Three weeks: $3,375
- Four weeks: $4,250
- Five weeks: $5,000
- Six weeks: $5,625
About Campus Life Immersion Are you from out-of-town or looking for a more complete New York City campus life experience? Our Campus Life Immersion package includes:*
- Housing and meals for seven days—from the Saturday before your program begins to the Saturday after its conclusion.
- Cultural and social experiences.
- College preparation programming.
- Airport transfers and daily transportation.
- Interdisciplinary volunteer and community-service opportunities every Friday.
*Tuition is separate and not included.
Registration for the program is on a rolling basis. Once the program has reached capacity, you will be put on a waiting list.
- July 1: General registration deadline.
- July 1: All payment and forms are due.