The Office of Campus Security is responsible for the safety and security of students, staff and faculty members, and property. At our Old Westbury and Central Islip locations, we provide service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We have security personnel onsite at NYIT-Manhattan when buildings are open. All of our security guards are trained in emergency response procedures (fire, bomb threat, and medical emergencies).
In an emergency, call 911 first.
Then call Campus Security at:
- Old Westbury: 516.686.7789
- Manhattan: 646.273.7789
- Central Islip: 631.348.7789
- Ensure your safety during work/study as well as non-business hours.
- Can provide escort during evening and weekend hours.
- Maintain a lost and found.
- Issue ID cards and parking stickers.
- Are available to assist you with vehicles, including jump starts and lock-outs.
- Keep track of crime statistics and reporting.
- Can assist you in dealing with threatening, irrational, or criminal behavior by a student or students.
Frank Catalano, Security Director