First-Year Students: Applying to NYIT
Thanks for your interest in NYIT! We know you have a lot to think about, whether you are just starting to research and visit universities or you are ready to apply.
We review applications for admission and automatic scholarship decision on a rolling basis, as long as space is available.
Entrance Statistics (fall 2016)
- Average GPA: 3.38 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Middle 50% for SAT: 1050-1240 (scores are concorded to the new 1600 SAT scale)
- Average SAT: 1150 (scores are concorded to the new 1600 SAT scale)
- Middle 50% for ACT: 21-27
- Average ACT: 25
Degrees with Specific Admission RequirementsMore
- College of Arts & Sciences
- School of Architecture & Design
- School of Engineering & Computing Sciences
- School of Health Professions
Regular Admission: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
- Priority Deadline: Nov. 1
- Combined Life Sciences, B.S./Physical Therapy, D.P.T.: Jan. 16
How to Apply
Step 1: Complete an ApplicationMore
Step 2: Submit Required Application MaterialsMore
Submit required application materials to the Office of Admissions via mail, fax, or email to complete your application.
- Copies of transcripts of all high school transcripts, AP, IB, and A-Level test scores, and transcripts for any college-level coursework. Your mid-year and final grades will be required. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Official SAT (critical reading and math only) or ACT test scores. You have the option of submitting results from the previous or redesigned SAT.
NYIT SAT Code: 2561; NYIT ACT Code: 2832
Step 3: Submit Two Letters of Recommendation
Step 4: Complete 300-350 Word EssayMore
Choose one of the following essay topics.
- Tell us about your career goals and why attending NYIT would further these goals.
- Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and why.
- If you are applying to NYIT’s occupational therapy, osteopathic medicine, nursing, physician assistant studies, or physical therapy programs, explain your desire to work in this field.
Send your application materials to:
Office of Admissions
New York Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 8000
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000
NYIT Raise ScholarshipsMore
Create your profile on Raise and get matched to NYIT scholarships while you are in high school.
Check Your Application StatusMore
Throughout the admission process, you can check on the status of your application. We will communicate with you through the Application Portal and via email regarding missing documents required for your application. If you did not apply through NYIT’s Online Application, please register for an account to check to your status. If your status says “incomplete,” then we are not able to review your application for admission until all required documents are received. If you recently submitted these items, please allow 2-4 weeks for us to process these materials.
If you have attended NYIT in the past and are interested in re-enrolling:More
Depending on how long you have been away from NYIT, different requirements apply for readmission.