Transfer Students: Applying to NYIT
Thanks for your interest in NYIT! Regardless of what program you enter, transferring to NYIT to continue your education will have a transformative effect on your career.
We offer a generous transfer credit acceptance policy, and upon admission, our transfer evaluations department will review your transcripts and prepare a personalized, course-by-course evaluation of credits applicable to your major. That’s why 35 percent of our students are transfer students.
We review applications for admission and automatic scholarship decision on a rolling basis, as long as space is available.
Some degrees have specific admission requirements.More
College of Arts & Sciences
School of Architecture & Design
School of Engineering & Computing Sciences
School of Health Professions
Regular Admission: Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available. The following specific program has separate deadlines:
- Nursing, B.S.: Oct. 1 for the spring semester and March 1 for the fall semester
How to Apply
Step 1: Complete an ApplicationMore
Step 2: Submit Required Application MaterialsMore
Submit required application materials to the Office of Admissions via mail, fax, or email to complete your application.
- Copies of transcripts from all colleges you have attended.
- Official test scores (AP, IB, A-Level, etc.)
- All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- If you have fewer than 24 credits of previous college work completed, submit your official high school transcript and your SAT (critical reading and math only) or ACT test scores. You have the option of submitting results from the previous or redesigned SAT.
NYIT SAT Code: 2561; NYIT ACT Code 2832
Step 3: Submit Two Letters of Recommendation
Step 4: Complete 300-350 Word EssayMore
Choose one of the following essay topics:
- Tell us about your career goals and why attending NYIT would further these goals.
- Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and why.
- Explain your desire to work in the fields of occupational therapy or nursing. *required for these programs only
Send your application materials to:
Office of Admissions
New York Institute of Technology
Old Westbury, NY 11568
Check Your Application StatusMore
Throughout the admission process, you can check on the status of your application. We will communicate with you through the Application Portal and via email regarding missing documents required for your application. If you did not apply through NYIT’s Online Application, please register for an account to check to your status. If your status says “incomplete,” then we are not able to review your application for admission until all required documents are received. If you recently submitted these items, please allow 2-4 weeks for us to process these materials.