CTL Online Book Library Collection
Our library contains a wealth of resources for ideas for teaching, instructional design, teaching tips and tricks, faculty professional development, and more. Our collection is now available to peruse online; if you find a book you want to check out, just stop by the CTL. (You can also search our collection from your mobile device.)
These workshops are conducted through email and the web so that all NYIT faculty members, from all campuses, can engage in a conversation about teaching and learning.
- High Impact Practices (Fall 2016)
- Flipped Classroom (Spring 2016)
- Student Engagement Through Technology (Fall 2015)
- Teaching International Students (Spring 2015)
- Classroom Management (Fall 2014)
- Learning Spaces (Spring 2014)
- Are They Learning (Fall 2013)
- Plagiarism (Spring 2013)
- Effective Feedback (Fall 2012)
NYIT Tech Talks: Celebrating Learning with Technology
More Writing, Less Grading! (2010)
- Jing workshop slides
- commenting on science lab report
- http://www.jingproject.com/features/ (download the software)
Assessment of Student Learning Workshop Series (2008-2009)
Four assessment workshops were provided to faculty on process of learning outcome assessment, and the related material can be found through the following links:
- Assessment 101: Define Students Learning Outcomes
- Assessment 201: Align Program-Level Learning Outcomes and Core Learning Outcomes to Course-level Learning Outcomes
- Assessment 301: Measurement in Assessment
- Assessment 401: Data Analysis, Action, and Reassessment
- NYIT's Office of Planning and Assessment
- Moskal, Barbara M. (2003). Recommendations for developing classroom performance assessments and scoring rubrics. Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation, 8(14). Retrieved March 31, 2009 from http://PAREonline.net/getvn.asp?v=8&n=14 This article recaps the series of Assessment Workshops we have offered in 2008-2009. The article is broken into five sections: 1) Writing Goals and Objectives, 2) Developing Performance Assessments, 3) Developing Scoring Rubrics, 4) Administering Performance Assessments and 5) Scoring, Interpreting and Using Results.
Additional Resources @ NYIT
- Internal grants, including Teaching and Learning with Technology grants, are available to NYIT faculty members through the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research. Teaching and Learning with Technology grants are awarded for the purpose of developing innovative uses of technology to improve teaching and learning
- NYIT Online: links to documentation, video tutorials, and related resources.
- ARTstor: information about the ARTstor collection and about permitted uses.