About the School of Engineering & Computing Sciences
The School of Engineering and Computing Sciences' high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs prepare you for advanced studies and challenging positions in business, government, and industry.
We are guided in this mission by the three tenets embraced by NYIT:
The Future Is Ours: Meet Will, an NYIT Engineering student on the Old Westbury campus.
- Professional preparation of students
- Applications-oriented research
- Access to opportunity for all qualified students
Integral to our success: our faculty’s dedication to teaching, scholarship, and service; the support of NYIT alumni, industrial advisory boards, friends, and employers; and the college’s state-of-the-art facilities, which provide students with a solid foundation for achievement.
To accomplish its mission, the School of Engineering and Computing Sciences:
- Offers a broad range of outstanding, accredited academic programs
- Supports faculty members who are effective teacher-scholars committed to a student-centered, stimulating learning and research environment;
- Engages students in applied projects, innovative design, and computing solutions to real industry questions;
- Fosters connections and partnerships with employers, alumni, and the community at large; and
- Provides the physical space and modern facilities that befit a premier technology institute.
Engineering for Society, Innovating for a Better World!
As a student at NYIT, you'll have the opportunity to work on 21st-century technological challenges that affect the world in which you live. Our school is known as “the place” where innovators, engineering firms, public utilities, and federal and state agencies seek talented faculty and students to advance their projects, inventions, and technologies in the classroom, the lab, or the field. By the time you graduate, you'll be profession-ready and equipped with the fundamentals needed to pursue graduate studies.
Entrepreneurship & Technology Innovation Center (ETIC)
The Entrepreneurship and Technology Innovation Center (ETIC) connects industry with NYIT to promote technological innovation, entrepreneurship, and economic development in the New York metropolitan region.
The School of Engineering and Computing Sciences' programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering in Old Westbury and Manhattan, and Mechanical Engineering in Old Westbury are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET.
Our program in Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology in Manhattan is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET.