NYIT Academy is an immersive New York college experience for students ages 15–22. Our programs combine academic instruction with hands-on learning opportunities and unique cultural experiences. All our programs are offered in both tuition-only and campus life immersion packages, which include chaperoned housing and additional social, academic, and cultural programming.
Our summer session runs from July 10 – August 19. Length of programs vary, with one, two, three, and four-week options.
- City Hike: See how the city really works. Enjoy city walks and community talks, subway rides and village guides, ethnic eats, neighborhood beats, famous sights and urban blights, go behind the scenes of big city dreams, learn New York lore and so much more.
- Exploring Architecture in Manhattan: Learn about architectural design practice, theory, and history of design in one of the world’s most famous urban environments. Enjoy museum and office visits, work with CAD, and hands-on modeling, presentation, and portfolio preparation.
- Graphic Design and 3-D Animation/Game Design: Bring your digital portfolio to the next level. Discover techniques of visual communication and gain insights into the professions of art, design, and technology.
- Health and Medical Academy: Investigate career opportunities in the fields of nursing,clinical nutrition, occupational therapy, physical therapy, physician assistant studies, and osteopathic medicine.
- Hospitality: Take your first step into the hospitality field, combining coursework with professional industry tours and guest speakers from the hospitality and business worlds.
- Makers and Fabricators: Learn how to take an idea from paper to parts to assembly. Explore the exciting world of making and fabricating with metal, plastic, acrylic, wood and other materials in a safe environment while growing your skill set.
- New York English Language Experience: Combine up to six weeks of intensive coursework with experiences only found in New York. Explore the culture, commerce, food, and people of this world-renowned city.
- Technology and Engineering Experience: Run hands-on lab experiments in electronic music, coding, gaming, hacking, robotics, 3-D printing, CAD, prototyping, materials science, and nanotechnology while learning about careers in technology, engineering, and computer science.
- Tuition is $750 per week.*
- Some programs may have additional lab and/or supply fees.
- Scholarships are available for some of our NYIT Academy programs. Requirements vary by program. Please see the appropriate program page for details.
* We offer a 5% discount on tuition for two weeks (for most programs), 10% for three weeks, 15% for four weeks, and then 20% and 25% for five and six weeks, respectively.
Campus Life Immersion
Are you from out-of-town or looking for a more immersive New York City campus-life experience? For an additional $1,250 per week,* we offer a program that includes:
- Housing and meals for seven days—from the Saturday before your program begins to the Saturday after its conclusion.
- Cultural and social experiences.
- University preparation programming.
- Airport transfers and daily transportation.
- Interdisciplinary volunteer and community-service opportunities every Friday.
* We offer a 5% discount on our campus life immersion package for two weeks, 10% for three weeks, and 15% for four weeks.
- Ages 15 and older.
- No prerequisites are necessary.
- Completed application form.
- 250 word biographical statement (in English), telling us about yourself, your interests, and what you do in your spare time.
- $500 deposit.
- Individual programs may have additional requirements.
- International students welcome. Please submit a copy of your passport with your application materials.
Registration for our NYIT Academy programs is on a rolling basis. Once a program has reached capacity, you will be put on a waiting list.
- May 1: Registration and submission deadline for scholarship applicants.
- June 15: General registration deadline.
- July 1: All payment and forms are due.
- All international students must display basic English proficiency in order to participate in their chosen program. Upon arrival at NYIT, you will take an English proficiency exam, which will be used, along with your application essay, to determine whether you will require additional English language assistance or need to enroll in an alternate English language program.
- International students desiring NYIT course credit will be required to apply for a student visa. To do so you will need to submit a financial affidavit of support, high school transcripts, and a copy of your passport.